Friday, November 25, 2011

The Walking Dead

The Comic The Walking Dead was AWESOME. It was funny, because my friend gave me the comics to read and I hadn't gotten around to it yet and then the TV series came out. Of course, I began to watch it and now I am so happy that I have gotten to read the comics of one of my current favorite shows. I really enjoy the style of the comics, because the show is so intense, mostly due to the creepy audio, therefore reading is an entirely different experience.
I still experienced the intense suspenseful moments while reading, as I do while watching the tv show. Of course, if you follow the comics, the show doesn't necessarily match up, but I feel the layout of the comic causes the viewers to anticipate the next frame and what's going to happen, and then it happens SO quickly, adding to the suspense. Whereas on tv, you get to visually see what you visualized while reading, and in detail, which for me, made the experience that much more enjoyable. I definitely felt that the story made for a good comic, due to the epicness of the zombie apocalypse, as well as the drama that happens between the group. Two thumbs up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment