Saturday, December 3, 2011

Continuation of The Walking Dead post

The Comic The Walking Dead was AWESOME. It was comical to me, because my friend gave me the comics to read and I had not gotten around to doing so yet and then the TV series came out. Of course, I began to watch it and now I am so satisfied that I got to read the comics of one of my current favorite shows. I read the first 5 volumes, which included: Days Gone Bye, Miles Behind Us, Safety Behind Bars, The Heart's Desire, and The Best Defense. I really enjoyed the style of all of the comics, because the show is so intense, mostly due to the creepy audio, therefore reading it was an entirely different experience. I was also surprised to be as satisfied with the illustrations of the zombies, as I was in the tv series. Even the cover of the comics are enough to draw a reader in. Something I noticed was the style of the comic depicts the story in a light, which makes the climactic parts very intense, whereas the tv series seems to be quite dramatic and intense during entire episodes.
I still experienced the intense suspenseful moments while reading, as I do while watching the tv show. Of course, if you follow the comics, the show doesn't necessarily match up, but I feel the layout of the comic causes the viewers to anticipate the next frame and what is going to happen, and then all of a sudden it happens, adding to the suspense. Whereas on tv, you get to actually see what you visualized while reading, and in detail, which for me, made the experience that much more enjoyable already having that knowledge. I certainly thought that not only did the plot made for a good comic, due to the epicness of the zombie apocalypse story, but it also made an equally satisfying show. Not to mention, the drama that happens between the group.
I enjoyed how this comic touches upon how compassionate people should be to one another and how we lack that a lot more nowadays. There shouldn't be anything drawing lines between us if we're all human, but when we become endangered so quickly, it really tests the wellbeing of man. Rick, one of the main characters, is a good example of this. Of course, there are things he has to do that are not easy or won't reflect grandly upon him, but he is a very honest person, who is a great family man and is willing to protect anyone. Aside from him being a cop, I feel like he is one of the few genuine people that you come across every once in a while throughout your life. On the other hand, there are people who are more for saving themselves then saving people as a whole, which is realistic, it is just sad at the same time. Overall, I feel there is a lesson that we should stick together and collaborate. There is no reason we should be on our own, not sharing ideas with one another, it's just limiting ourselves in the end.
Two thumbs up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment