Saturday, December 3, 2011

Johnny The Homicidal Maniac

The style of Johhny The Homicidal Maniac resembles more of the type of art I am drawn to. As for the content I think it's very very dark, which many people can relate to, or at least find it amusing. I find the dark dry humor hilarious, as though Johnnys life is completely terrible and he only can look at the pessimistic side of mostly every situation presented to him. I think Happy Noodle Boy was my favorite part to read. It's really funny how this comic interjects with his own comic, which I feel gives me more of a sense of whats going on in that crazy brain. I also think a part of why this comics so likable is because of all the profanity and absurdities Johnny comes up with.

Something that I thought was a little different was how the beginning starts with a more depressing introduction to this little boy who is told by both of his parents to "go away", which is kind of a big deal. I guess because I can personally relate to the main character in certain aspects, I was automatically sucked into the story. Johnny almost reminds me of the villain in the Saw movies, except he does not have "good" reasons for murdering these people. He just hates humans and wants to get rid of them, but the concepts are the same.

Also, as a character, he reminds me of Emily Strange. She's a japanese character I guess and she has a website, merchandise, video games etc, but she is very dark but not as violent. Moreso like Daria, personality wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment