Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blankets

Reading Blankets was an awesome experience. I could not help but get really into it and read it all in one sitting, but the style also allowed me to do so. I'm not the quickest reader, but I felt like I couldn't slow down, because there wasn't a massive amount of text on the pages, but a lot of visuals which can infer what they're saying. The story was really easy to become emotionally involved, being able to relate it to past experiences made it so personal, but I really enjoyed this book. I really want to read more comics of that style. I'm a very sympathetic person and I think because I grew up being able to believe in whatever I wanted. Of course I was baptized and went to church when I was with my grandparents, but only when I was younger, eventually they let me choose. So I sympathize that he has to deal with having it reinforced upon him continuously and that he was ostracised at camp, which I also never experienced. Perhaps, it was very exciting because it was both familiar and a new experience at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment