Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Will Eisner

Dropsie Avenue

I really enjoyed reading this comic, although it took me a while to get in the rhythm of how fast pace it was. I don't think it was the story or plot itself that was fast, that seemed to be easy to stay with, but I think it may have been that every page involved a different person(s) involving the Dutch, Irish, Jewish, and Italians, along with their situation. After getting used to it, it seemed to flow very well. I really enjoyed the art style and that it kind of fit with what the comics theme/ feel. It was refreshing watching the video of Eisner and Stan Lee, because it clears up any thoughts or questions about the comics art, plot, characters, or intentions, so I definitely feel more respectful towards him as an artist. Dropsie Avenue was not bad by any means, but the kind of story is not something I would usually read on my own time. I am definitely glad I read it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment