Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gay Comix

For the underground comics, I read Gay Comix, and it was definitely a very open and blunt comic. I enjoyed how it touched upon numerous issues within the gay community, that many people can relate to, even if they are single, bi, or whichever. It was also refreshing to see different art styles for the comics, the art itself was well done, definitely blunt in exaggerating specific parts of a frame so that the viewers will see it. I feel this way about these comics, but perhaps it's just a trend throughout comics in general, but statements seemed to be quite exaggerated. For instance, "Oh what will I do if anyone finds out I'm gay! My family will KILL ME!" Phrases like that seem to be amplified, for a reason obviously, but it makes it less of a fill it in yourself, and more of a here is what is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment